Sometimes don't get prompt to connect to computer?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I'm having an odd problem I can't seem to find any pattern for, but - when I have my 720 attached to my computer charging, even if I have "Home2" already running, I don't always get the prompt to "Connect to computer" (yes-no options).

The first few days it never failed to do so, but now - it seems to be hit and miss, with more missed than hits (frankly, no hits at all on the past few tries).

I'll do a hard reset and see if I've just blown it's mind or something: did an awful lot of map update/corrections and don't want to lose them...

Any clues as to why if I am certain it's got a USB2 connect (the green charging light is on) and turn the unit on I don't get prompted? :confused:

Hard reset seems to have fixed it - for now...

OK, sorry, I should have tried that first, but didn't think I had done anything "funny" to the unit. I did a hard reset and now I seem to be getting the prompt every time, hopefully that will stick with me! :rolleyes:

Did you just get the 8.3 firmware? This weekend I connected up for the second time after the update and the same thing happened to me. The reset button fixed it too.

Did you just get the 8.3 firmware? This weekend I connected up for the second time after the update and the same thing happened to me. The reset button fixed it too.
Yep, it updated to firmware 8.3 when I first plugged it in. As I noted above, kicking the key (hard reset) seems to have fixed it, although it came back (and doing another reset fixed it again). :rolleyes:

For what it is worth, TomTom's terminology for a pin reset is a 'soft' reset while 'return to factory defaults' is a 'hard' reset. Go figure......:confused:

Ask a Question