Some roads appear as a lot of stars

Some roads appear as a lot of stars, what does it mean?

See attached image
tomtommmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm... You're driving down Hollywood Boulevard?

220px-Hollywood-walk-of-fame.jpg

:D

I must admit I don't remember seeing those before. Delays caused by traffic or roadworks are usually just triangles.

Does the same road ALWAYS have the stars, or is it only sometimes?

Can you give the exact location of one of the roads? (Google finds about half a dozen different roads called Nordre Ringvej in Denmark. I tried looking at the one in Glostrup, but that's a dual carriageway. and most of the others are in more built-up areas).

EDIT: On a closer look at your second picture, I can just make out the Traffic icon for a LANE CLOSURE. I'm still not sure why this is showing as stars on your map though.
Can you confirm you are getting it for all lane closures? (by finding another set of roadworks with a lane closure on the map and then setting up a demo route along it), to see if you get the same result?

Last edited:
Can you give the exact location of one of the roads? (Google finds about half a dozen different roads called Nordre Ringvej in Denmark. I tried looking at the one in Glostrup, but that's a dual carriageway. and most of the others are in more built-up areas).

Blimey... by a bit of detective work and trial and error, I found it!
It's the Nordre Ringvej in Viborg, Denmark
at coordinates N56.47459 E9.41734, travelling east.

There are no incidents showing on it currently, and the road is looking normal with no stars. So what you're seeing must be a Traffic or roadworks incident... can you try the experiment I suggested above?

Of some possible interest ..

Note that triangles headed in both directions concurrently will create your 'stars'. Not clear to me why, but that would indicate traversing the road in both directions, and I'd bet that's what generates them.

Ahh clever... An elegant solution maybe!

I wonder how I've never noticed them before in that case? :nerd:

Ahh clever... An elegant solution maybe!

I wonder how I've never noticed them before in that case? :nerd:
Good question. Could well be an aberration in the firmware of some sort that has just come to light. What is odd is that the message in the lower right translates (NL?) to "No route planned", so you would not expect to see arrows in EITHER direction.

Ask a Question