Some new 980 maps released today

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
From TomTom:

Again the v980 truck and camper maps will be released later (currently planned to mid December).

What's new?

- The coverage of the Map of South America, Caribbean & Mexico (Latam map) will be extended to include also Costa Rica (98%), El Salvador (60%), Guatemala (60%), Honduras(60%), Nicaragua (60%), Panama(97%), Peru and Puerto Rico.

Start/VIA 4x, 5x, 6x

- Map zones for the Europe and Western Europe maps.
In this way the START 40 and 50 with only 4GB internal memory (VP/VR/VT) will have the possibility to install also the Europe or Western Europe map. (those devices were sold mostly in UK and ZA and even though they had an SD slot the WE & EU map were set as not compatible since the maps could not fit on the internal memory).
The zones are:
  • Europe East: Austria, Belarus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lituania, Latvia, Republic of Macedonia,Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany, Russian Federation, Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Kosovo, Slovenia, Turkey, Finland.
  • Europe North: Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belarus, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Russian Federation, Poland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland.
  • Europe South: Liechtenstein, Switzerland, France, Monaco, Andorra, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, Italy, Vatican City State, San Marino, Malta, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Slovenia.
  • Europe South West: France, Monaco, Andorra, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, United Kingdon, Irland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg.

GO 400, 5x0, 6x0, 5x00, 6x00

- Map zones for the United States map.

GO 800, 1000, 2000 series / Via series / Start 20 and 60 Series

- Map of Chile

Last edited:
I loaded V9.8 on my GO6100 today and finally after over a year of asking they have amended my street name and it's showing correctly. Unfortunately it hasn't been amended in the My Drive map. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update My Drive?

Dave.

Ask a Question