Software Update

Thanks for your reply, 22.100.0004.411 (0) (23/11/2022) Apllication Version, I assume that is the number you asked for?
I cannot see anything new on my tomtom.

@powerpack36

I had a "required software update" today too (For the Go Premium etc) - Version 22.100.0004.411

I checked the support page it referred me to and it was blank.................:mad:

Based on past experiences this is no doubt just "bug fixes and patches". ;)

Perhaps in a few days TomTom may update their Help support pages?????

Last edited:
What's New

• "What's new" button will not appear once a device is being updated with this software update.
❗Note that the ‘Automatically suspend connected device after standing still for 30 minutes’ new feature is only applicable for Connected (GPRS) devices.

@powerpack36

I had a "required software update" today too (For the Go Premium etc) - Version 22.100.0004.411

I checked the support page it referred me to and it was blank.................:mad:

Based on past experiences this is no doubt just "bug fixes and patches". ;)

Perhaps in a few days TomTom may update their Help support pages?????
Thanks for looking,I did look and like you say ,it is not showing anything for the software update,maybe this is what we can expect in the future.I used to be a tomtom fan,but I am now starting to drift away and may look at another company in the future.
Positive used to be adding your own Pois with Pictures ,voices, even distance to activate Camera Warning,things in my own view have gone backwards on the entertainment side.

MyDrive Connect is also telling me my GO 50 requires a mandatory Nav4 update but there's no release notes for v22.10?

Attachments

• NAV4 update.JPG
    NAV4 update.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 37
sorry but i have make that update too..22.100.0004.411(0) (23/11/2022) in my GO Essential after that my tomtom start..restart every 2 or 3 minutes can some one tell me how i can fix it or put him working well please... is not possible travel with confidance with my Tomtom Go Essential when is always restart how i can know where i go and if existe any radar/camara in the road if e restart all time...thank you if somebody can help me myi have this Go Essential since 3 months is new

Last edited:
sorry but i have make that update too..22.100.0004.411(0) (23/11/2022) in my GO Essential after that my tomtom start..restart every 2 or 3 minutes can some one tell me how i can fix it or put him working well please... is not possible travel with confidance with my Tomtom Go Essential when is always restart how i can know where i go and if existe any radar/camara in the road if e restart all time...thank you if somebody can help me myi have this Go Essential since 3 months is new
Can you also please shut off the cloud service with "Stop syncing" on your device to see if this causes the rebooting to stop?

Can I add to the discussion about Connect version 4.2.13.4365?
Went to do an update on the satnav (it says it's a GO 5100) and first had to update MY Drive connect. Once that was done, the 5100 firmware was updated to "Application version 22.100.0002..311(0) (14/11/2022). So far so good. It works with the addition of saying how many miles to the next turn-off. Sadly, only one voice is now offered - Serena. I miss the gentle tones of Tom. Oh well.
What's the problem? Connect tells me that the traffic camera database can be updated which it does but not the map. However, it variously lists either one or two version of the Europe map - Europe and Europe + France buildings. Hmm.
Both maps.png

There is only one Europe map on the device. Now and again Connect lists only Europe + France buildings which is the one on the device. So far so good. Choosing the correct map and asking for an update to take place (map is 07/2022) results in either:
1) Connect saying "Waiting for your device" even though "device" is saying "connected to computer"
2) "Updating your device" but even after an hour no update happens (device not showing "updating" which is does when the camera database updates).
Unplugging device and then replugging doesn't make any difference nor does reloading Connect. Nor does switching off the PC...
So any ideas? I suspect that it's Connect that's playing up - the previous version would not install under W10 but did under W7 (dual boot PC)

You've brought up a number of different issues there, @Long-term-user

First, let's work with the voice issue. When connected to MyDrive, if you look at "MY CONTENT", you should be able to scroll down to "MY VOICES", and one of the options there should be "Add voices to your device"

1670690708079.png

Are you seeing that option? If so, and you click on it, you should see numerous options

1670690773994.png

Any of those options that are in the 50-70MB range are what TomTom calls 'computer' voices - those that can handle text to speech, and include the ability to pronounce street names, etc. The smaller ones (a couple of MB or less) are 'recorded' voices that know only how to say "Turn left" and the like. Are you unable to spot Tom there? He appears on the lists for all my devices of this generation.

Onward to maps:

It's been a bit of a mystery to me at times when/if maps will be offered with the 3D building renderings, and which areas will include them. That said, it would be worth continuing to pursue this. I know that you have tried to update the version with the French 3D building set, but what happens if you select the plain Europe map instead? Does that update?

Thanks for your detailed reply.
1) Voices.
After pressing the bottom rhs "All voices" button, the only change to the screen is the button now reads "Fewer voices" which I take as there being no more voices...
Fewer voices.jpg

2) Sadly, selecting either (or both) maps gives the same result - Connect shows the text "Updating device" for at least an hour after which I gave up...

Updating device - maybe.jpg

The bottom entry in the log file is:-
2022-12-10 14:42:26.580|33554557|Error|SupporterManager::eek:nInstallFailedToStart|Unreponsive: Device failed to start the installation.
There are a few of the same above entries in the log file.

Sunday am.
Just trying it again. Switched on device and without it being connected to the PC, the screen shows "Updating..." Loaded Connect and plugged in device to USB socket on PC. Connect shows one map so I click on update and Connect says "getting ready". After a while, Connect says "not connected to device". Unplug and replug and it's stuck on "waiting for your device"
Also, just spotted that Connect shows the following - basically Device no longer has a map and is showing 6450 Mb free.

Map missing on device.png

Update:
I think that "Device" has reached the end of its life - see screen photo below. Connect says "restoring your device" but has been saying that for over an hour...

End of the line.jpg

So thanks for the help and I'll use Waze (quite good) until I can find a replacement Tom Tom.

Tried to see how it works with my GO 620 (haven't done it since testing a few years ago) and find out that I cannot log in. MDC does not accept my personal password, as used on all my devices.

Can you also please shut off the cloud service with "Stop syncing" on your device to see if this causes the rebooting to stop?
sorry for my late reply ( i do some problems in home) and about what you told , i have do that and make always the same ...but now after restore my device i got all things and is working very well ,thank you

I hope I am not hijacking this thread. I have the same problem as GreatMaestro in that my GoPremiumX goes through a constant reboot after installing 22.100.0004.411 (23/11/2022). I have tried the reset method 'dhn' many times and it does nothing to makes things work.
I haven't tried Candersons 'please shut off the cloud service with "Stop syncing", but will try tomorrow. Tbh, after 1 hour 30 minutes of constant rebooting it worked fine for the next half hour of my journey. Thinking everything ok only for the next day to do exactly the same.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread. I have the same problem as GreatMaestro in that my GoPremiumX goes through a constant reboot after installing 22.100.0004.411 (23/11/2022). I have tried the reset method 'dhn' many times and it does nothing to makes things work.
I haven't tried Candersons 'please shut off the cloud service with "Stop syncing", but will try tomorrow. Tbh, after 1 hour 30 minutes of constant rebooting it worked fine for the next half hour of my journey. Thinking everything ok only for the next day to do exactly the same.
No problem - it's already been hijacked re rebooting, so you're fine ;)

Will be very interested to hear whether your device behaves better when not allowed to 'sync' with the TT cloud.
We've started to see this on several Nav4 devices recently, though my own problems with this started long before the .0004 build.

Will be very interested to hear whether your device behaves better when not allowed to 'sync' with the TT cloud.
We've started to see this on several Nav4 devices recently, though my own problems with this started long before the .0004 build.
Thanks for the swift reply canderson. My own device has been very 'buggy' over the years with the occasional reboot, but nothing like this, virtually unusable. Will update you soon. Rob

Well I now have a working TomTom thanks to 'stopping sync'. Instantly transforming it. Thanks canderson. Not fully the answer, but looking at the Garmin website is on hold for now.
Rob

Ask a Question