Soft Reset required to turn device on

So I have a minor issue on my TT One XL... Almost every time, or every other time I go to start the gps it simply won't start. I have to do a soft reset, and then it comes on just fine.

I have tried just about everything I can think of... When I contacted Tomtom about this, they recommended removing the application and reinstalling it. I did that.

I've tried the clear flash utility multiple times (each time following the 3x procedure).

I also tried reformatting the internal drive, connecting the unit to HOME and letting it install the application again, and then installing my map again from a backup.

This issue has been frustrating me for a while, and I thought I could sit down and solve it. However, I have spent hours searching the internet and trying different solutions. At this point, I'm just about ready to give up and accept the fact that I need to live with a bent paperclip always at hand if I want to start up the gps :p. Unless someone here has an idea? I noticed in the process of reformatting the internal memory that, even with a completely formatted drive, I would still experience this glitch... Reset > start > shutdown > sometimes another start, or sometimes a reset needed. Maybe this is a hardware issue?

Here's the info on the unit:
Tomtom One XL-S
App 8.010
USA & Canada map v710.1575

Thanks in advance for any advice!

This may not have anything to do with it it just might...........

If the info in your post is correct, you have a relatively new application and a very old (almost 3 years old) map.

Perhaps that combo is not playing well together.

An 850 map is due within a week or so, you may consider updating yours.

You can also try manually installing this app on your device. It's more stable, but you will probably lose "Operate my XL" functionality in Tomtom HOME.

To manually install open the linked cab file with winrar, and copy the contents to the Tomtom drive, overwriting if prompted.

Ask a Question