So amazing I must post this for answers..

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
So I have a route programmed into my favorites that I have used at least 4 times .. and today I navigated to my favorite stored address , and about 5 minutes into my 35 minutes journey the 630 tom tom was telling me to turn right at the next intersection that would have taken me Off the beaten Track (major highway) and into residential neighborhoods., I ignored the request and carried straight ( as I have done the previous times),, the GPS was now telling me to turn at the right at the next street, I then ignored the next street., & the next one - 3 in total , ignoring them all -
I then immediately came onto a major paving JOB with multiple asphalt trucks and sweepers and Large scale Paving project that took up about a halfmile of road - all busy paving the same highway I was trying to negotiate. There were a dozen flag-people and multiple hundreds of traffic cones and diverting my four lane highway into two lanes ..
Now am I crazy, ,or did the GPS get new overnight instructions to avoid this area?? ( I do not have a subscription for Tom Tom Traffic) ., as I am confused on whether the GPS gets its instructions from satellites for traffic or just the route itself??
To send me off the major roadway and into a small residential neighborhoods 3 times at 2 a.m. instead of my usual commute was amazing..

I do have the 855 map set for fastest commute rather than shortest commute or is it the other way around??

Last edited:
Are you using MapShare data on the device? if so its quite possible someone has blocked the road due to the roadworks, connecting your device to Home will have updated the MapShare causing the road on your device to be blocked - Just hope when the works completed that someone unblocks the road and shares that change otherwise the units will never take the highway = Mike

I t appears to be that I had changed the route configuration from fastest to shortest route.. ( I thought they may be the same if not better).. It was that configuration that added time to my schedule and had me going off on sideroads. The same scenario happened this morning, but on another route., This time my arrival time showed 12 extra minutes to my final....
confused,, I followed the map only to see that again it had me going off on side roads instead of the main road, and that added an extra 12 minutes to the final destination.. Every-time I ignored a request it subtracted minutes until I was back to my same time arrival as last week.
I then checked the tom tom 630 configuration and on the 5th screen off of preferences I changed shortest to fastest ..

Weird . .But that what I enjoy finding out about my New Toy ..

Last edited:

Ask a Question