smart 60, no speed cameras

TomTom Model(s)
Smart 60
Hi Help!!
Just bought a smart 60 and very nice it is too, but it doesn't show speed cameras! With the help of a nice lady in Egypt on the tomtom helpline I downloaded speed cameras and went for a drive still no speed cameras indicated. I then reurned to Halfords and the kind man had a play with it . I had another drive, still no cameras. Halfords then gave me another Start 60 to replace the one that did not show speed cameras , guess what this replacement one didn't show cameras either. The nice Halfords man then took this one home with him and downloaded speed cameras from the tomtom site. I picked it up the following day and, surprise surprise, it does not show speed cameras.
In desperation I tried another smaller 5" screen tomtom and Lo! it did not indicate speed cameras either!!! Anyone any ideas? I am gettig fed up with driving around ring roads to test them! I ,and the halfords man have tried resetting.them Is there a glitch with new tomtoms?.
Any suggestions (within reason and decency) welcome
Phil T
PS Halfords have been very helpfull and will exchange it but My old eyes like the big screen and if I can sort the speed cameras I will hang on to it.

There are alternative sources for cameras that are better than TomTom's for the UK. I think you DO have cams for your Start 60 on your unit .. but that the list is a bit 'thin'! Who knows where you'd have to drive to actually match one up.

TomTom's cam coverage really seems to vary a lot between countries. Here in the U.S., at least in my area, the coverage is quite good. In the UK, not so great.

I've seen quite a number of our UK members recommend PocketGPSWorld.com for this information, and I hear it's kept up to date very well: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

I am not familiar with the models you tried but on my VIA 135 I go to
Services > Safety Cameras > Alert settings and enable the ones I want by tapping on its line.
In the next screen select the type of alert you want (the radio button may be set for 'Never' as default), tap 'Next', select the warning sound wanted (they can all be tried one after the other) and tap 'Done'.
It should now revert to the initial screen and display aloud speaker icon in front of the activated camera.

HTH if yours is the same.

@Arno
The Start60 is the same as our Via1605 (6"). Menu system should be same as your Via135.

Good day Gentlemen,
Many thanks for your replies, I have already tried the enabling process set out by Arno (my menu system is the same) but with no result. But once again thank you for your advice'
Phil T
PS I notice you have an early steam locomotive as a motife, is it one of Richard Trevithicks? I am told he was one of my ancestors

Sorry to hear that cannot get them to work, Phil.

Richard Trevithick being an ancestor. Noblesse oblige. I trust that, if not involved with full size steam, you at least belong to a local Live Steam club or Model Engineering Society. (What is the nearest larger city to you?)

My avatar id of the Stourbridge Lion, the first steam locomotive that ran in the Americas.

http://waynehistorypa.org/htopics/stourbridge.php

Here is a 1/8 scale model of it:

Lion+KM.jpg

I'm so glad to hear that's a 1/8 model, Arno. I was afraid that women was ENORMOUS!

Ask a Question