slow xl340TM .. what to do?

hi everyone..
i have a new xl340TM and it seems markedly slower than my xl340s, specially during rerouting. in another board, someone mentioned that this is because of the 9.056 app version, as this version has a lot of bloatware related to the traffic receiver. i am not interested to use the traffic functionality. so i am thinking to go back to a previous version of the app. so my questions are:

1. do you going back to a earlier app will improve the speed?

2. which version will be better? i am thinking 9.022 as thats the one i have in my xl340s and works great..

3. how can i get a older app version to download and install?

pls inform these 3 things.. thanks !

How many poi categories do you have showing on the map? More than about 4 or 5 will slow down the screen refresh. Having the traffic antenna does not add much overhead to the application.

How many poi categories do you have showing on the map? More than about 4 or 5 will slow down the screen refresh. Having the traffic antenna does not add much overhead to the application.
i havent checked it yet and havent added any myself.. so it has whatever it has by default..

I have no idea if a different application will improve things but if you want to try, make an Explorer, not Home backup.

Then remove all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Download the application here.

Use WinRar to install on the unit, overwriting if prompted.

Disconnect the unit properly from the computer.

Reboot.

See if that helps.

Then remove all the loose files in the root of the unit,

Use WinRar to install on the unit, overwriting if prompted.

thanks so much for the info.. but, could you please elaborate these two points you mentioned.. thanks!

After the Explorer backup, you use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit. You'll see lots of folders and also many files NOT in any folder. It is the loose files that you would delete.

The application is in compressed format and you need a utility to extract the files from the compressed cab file.

WinRar is such a utility and is what is suggested since it keeps the file structure in place as it extracts the files.

You can download it here:
WinRAR (32-bit) - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

After the Explorer backup, you use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit. You'll see lots of folders and also many files NOT in any folder. It is the loose files that you would delete.

The application is in compressed format and you need a utility to extract the files from the compressed cab file.

WinRar is such a utility and is what is suggested since it keeps the file structure in place as it extracts the files.

You can download it here:
WinRAR (32-bit) - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
so when i extract using winrar i will tell winrar to place the extracted files in the gps, right?

If it happens, you can copy the mapsettings.cfg file from a backed up map folder to the new map folder on the unit when you update.

Ask a Question