Slow to advise over speed limit

My XL is set to advise when over speed limit, but it doesn't do it instantaneously. It seems to wait for 10 secs before alerting. I haven't seen where you can set a % over or a time delay.

Is this normal behaviour? By the time I know I'm over I've probably been snapped by the camera.

My XL is set to advise when over speed limit, but it doesn't do it instantaneously. It seems to wait for 10 secs before alerting. I haven't seen where you can set a % over or a time delay.

Is this normal behaviour? By the time I know I'm over I've probably been snapped by the camera.

Many times the screen refresh rate gets worse if you have configured lot of POIs to be shown on the map - may be this is the reason why your device is a bit slow to show the alerts?

You've asked the same question in 3 threads, now. If someone knows, they'll answer.

Many times the screen refresh rate gets worse if you have configured lot of POIs to be shown on the map - may be this is the reason why your device is a bit slow to show the alerts?
That could be, but I know someone who has no POIs shown at all and who's device is set to warn when exceeding the limit (with a beep) and a change of the colour of the driven speed to red, once exceeded.

In Ontario freeway speeds are mostly 100 km/h but he says, to stay with the flow of traffic around Toronto, one can find oneself looking at 120 km/h at times (according to the exaggerated display of ones speedometer).
His beep alert and red colour driven speed display will come on anywhere between 8 to 12 km/h above the limit, with the colour reverting to white once he drops down to the posted limit again.

Ask a Question