slideshow starts when navigating---aaarrrgggh

my brother and i picked up some rider 2's off of ebay and have got them pretty well figured out.......until we ride.

when we first plugged them into tomtom home it immediately upgraded the os to 7.901. the units came with a series 6 map of north america and canada. i upgraded my map to the latest v845.2647, my brother still has the v6.

both of our units do the same blankitty-blank thing while navigating----- the map of the route is replaced by a slideshow of the rider 2's features and abilities. the voice instructions still come through and if the screen is tapped the map displays for a few seconds and then the slideshow starts all over again.

we have tried different settings in the safety preferences and just can't figure out how to keep the silly girls showing the map when enroute.

what are we missing :confused:

Use Explorer to see the contents of your unit. Look in the scripts folder. If you see anything in there, delete it.

issue solved!!

Use Explorer to see the contents of your unit. Look in the scripts folder. If you see anything in there, delete it.

spot on dhn :) did that and now she's a delightful travel companion :D

for those who may find this thread with the same issue: inside the script folder was all the bmp images and a slideshowdemo.script file. so obvious once you know where to look isn't it ;)

thanks again dhn

Ask a Question