Simon Voice - How Do I Start Over?

I lost my Simon text-to-speach voice, and can't get it reinstalled on my XL 340. After several hours of using TT home, I just want to start from scratch.

How do I delete all the voice files from my unit and computer, so when I reconnect to TomTom home, it recognizes that I need to update/reinstall?

You are probably better off avoiding using Home for adding the voice back to the device as Home is pretty useless at reliably performing simple tasks such as adding voices.

Click British Simon Voice to download the voice file to your computer then use WinRar to extract the files from the download straight to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device - Mike

Thanks Mike. I think have my unit screwed up to the point that I really need to start from scratch. Every time I try to install an update, I get an error message, No Maps Found, and the list goes on.

When I first got it, per this forum, I made a copy of the entire root file onto my desk top using Windows, not using TTHome. Now that I want to go back to what I started with, how do I do it? Do I simply drag and drop through Windows, or do I need to delete everything off the unit first?

Connect the device to the computer, if Home starts up on the PC shut it down as its not needed for any of this.

1. Start Windows Explorer on the computer.

2. Right click the drive letter associated with the TomTom.

3. Select "Format" from the list of displayed options.

4. DO NOT select the "Quick Format" checkbox.

5/ OK the warning messages and leave the unit to format.

6/ Use Windows Exlorer to copy your back up to the device.

Mike

Ask a Question