SIM Card Invalid

That's what I was hoping before. Mike - have you ever seen one of these? Back to a very early question -- is the SIM card anywhere it can be seen by the user? I'm wondering if it could be removed without surgery or ??? The OP is evidently already familiar with the insides having done the battery replacement.

I have a couple of One XL units but have never seen a One XL Live, the OP knows where the SIM card is located though based on earlier posts so I guess the next step is to pull the card out and see what it does as it certainly isn't going to work in the USA.

Interesting though is the five wire battery which seems to be common to all the Live equipped devices, perhaps the suppliers of replacement batteries need to get their house in order as a single wire might not have the current capacity for the modem (although this isn't an issue for this device due to where its being used) - Just an observation thats made me go through pictures I have on the PC,

Live = 5 Wire Battery - Mike

Yes, the SIM card is removable. It has an access door on the rear panel so I think I can remove it without removing the full rear panel.
At this point the unit seems to work fine minus any of the "live" options so I guess I will try and remove the SIM card but if the error message remains I'll just have to accept it.
I agree with you regarding the 5 wire battery. The manufacturers need to get with it as fixing it as I did is a pain and I also am concerned about the wire's current capacity.

Ask a Question