Show All Menu Items

I have a couple of problems with my Tom-Tom ONE.

First, ever since daylight savings time (which I hate), my ONE has had the wrong time. I can find an icon on screen 5 of "Change Preferences" that says "Change Clock," which I'm sure is the one I want.

However, it is grayed out, and clicking on it does nothing. Every help file that I can find tells me that I have to "find" the "Show All Menu Items" icon and click that, but the "Show All Menus Items" icon appears to be among the ones that isn't shown. At least, I can't find it anywhere, and this is the second time since daylight savings time kicked in that I've spent hours looking for it.

Can someone help me locate the "Show All Menu Items" icon?

That's one problem. The other one is that everytime that I plug into a computer and upgrade my Tom-Tom, it loses my selected computer voice, which is one of the standard computer voices (Tom). When I try to select it from within the ONE, it doesn't show it as one of the voices available. Yet when I try to re-install it from within TomTom HOME, it indicates that it is installed.

I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it and that worked, but the next time I update my ONE, there I am again.

Along the same lines, is there some way to get rid of the voices that I foolishly tried out? I've deleted them but they still show up (gray) among the voice selections.

Hopefully, I won't have to go back to the standard female computer voice that the device came with because that one was annoying, as I felt that I was being nagged all day.

For the losing of computer voices.......that's a known bug in TT's Home software. You just have to reselect a computer voice when you undock.

For the first problem.......

Try restoring to factory settings. You will have to put in your personal settings but it may bring back proper menu icons.

I have a couple of problems with my Tom-Tom ONE.

First, ever since daylight savings time (which I hate), my ONE has had the wrong time. I can find an icon on screen 5 of "Change Preferences" that says "Change Clock," which I'm sure is the one I want.

However, it is grayed out, and clicking on it does nothing. Every help file that I can find tells me that I have to "find" the "Show All Menu Items" icon and click that, but the "Show All Menus Items" icon appears to be among the ones that isn't shown. At least, I can't find it anywhere, and this is the second time since daylight savings time kicked in that I've spent hours looking for it.

Can someone help me locate the "Show All Menu Items" icon?

That's one problem. The other one is that everytime that I plug into a computer and upgrade my Tom-Tom, it loses my selected computer voice, which is one of the standard computer voices (Tom). When I try to select it from within the ONE, it doesn't show it as one of the voices available. Yet when I try to re-install it from within TomTom HOME, it indicates that it is installed.

I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it and that worked, but the next time I update my ONE, there I am again.

Along the same lines, is there some way to get rid of the voices that I foolishly tried out? I've deleted them but they still show up (gray) among the voice selections.

Hopefully, I won't have to go back to the standard female computer voice that the device came with because that one was annoying, as I felt that I was being nagged all day.

Show all menu items doesn't exist in the ONE series (except the ONE LE)....this was done on purpose from TomTom. Now sure why the clock is greyed out, tho!

To get rid of the extra voices:
* Connect to TOmTOm HOME
* Click on REMOVE ITEMS
* Your voices that are installed should be shown on a list...remove the ones you don't want

Not greyed out when not connected to PC

My particular TomTom One did have clock, brightness, reset, etc. greyed out until I disconnected from PC then I could access them.

Must be locked while connected for some reason.

Steve Crook

My particular TomTom One did have clock, brightness, reset, etc. greyed out until I disconnected from PC then I could access them.
Must be locked while connected for some reason.
That is his problem and is applicable to all TomTom's.
Hooked up to HOME it is greyed out. The same applied to computer voices or any of the Blutooth options.

Edit:
Either because of HOME 2.5.2.60 or FW 8.3 Music and Media is available on screen 2.
Prior to that it just showed the same Itinirary planning as on screen 3.

Last edited:

Ask a Question