Should destination resume after stopping at a POI?

On a 260 mile trip over the week end, I went to the 910 and picked out a place to eat "on route". That worked fine, but I was supprised when I drove out fo the parking lot and it didn't pick up and continue to my destination. While in the resteraunt, I didn't turn the 910 off. I thought it was suppose to continue after the stop. What's the sense of having POI's if you have to re-input your destination?

Basically, you can't have 2 destinations going at the same time. So the POI became the new destination, erasing the original one.

Getting back to the original destination is very easy. Just press 'Navigate to', then 'Recent destination'. Your original one should be at the top of the list.

Basically, you can't have 2 destinations going at the same time. So the POI became the new destination, erasing the original one.

Getting back to the original destination is very easy. Just press 'Navigate to', then 'Recent destination'. Your original one should be at the top of the list.
Hmm... it doesn't treat the POI as a "Travel Via"??

>> Hmm... it doesn't treat the POI as a "Travel Via"??

We don't know. Anderdea never described how he 'picked' up that restaurant in the first place.

Yes it should be used as Travel via.
When a route is already in placed, you select find alternative and select travel via.
This will bring up another option of navigation: such as address, poi, etc

I don't recall the exact icon I selected but I believe I picked a POI along the route. I then selected resteraunts, and typed in "KFC" and it came up with 4. I selected the closest, (28 miles away) as we were real hungry after being on the road for almost 4 hours ;) and it calculated the route to that KFC. 24 miles on our current route and 4 after taking the exit toward the KFC.
Don

If you use 'Travel Via', or just drive off the route to eat then TomTom considers you still heading to the original destination. As soon as you touch 'Navigate there', 'Navigate to' then you go to a new one ... that's it.

I agree if it's known route that you use all the time and know where you are going to eat. But in a strange land, I need directions to follow to get to the POI.

Ask a Question