Setting the clock on the 930T

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930T
With the recent time change my unit is one hour behind. I went to Change Preferences, then Set Clock. However, Set Clock is grayed out and I cannot change the time. Two things: what's up with that? And, is there a way to have the clock auto update through the GPS function?

Thanks,
RD

Do a pin reset and see if that helps.

Also, did you have a satellite signal when you tried? If not, wait till you get activity on the sat bars.

Okay, after some experimenting, here is what I found out. First, I took the unit to the window and it connected with sats. The Set Clock function was active... I was able to change the time (thank you, dnh). Then, I hooked it up to HOME and tried the same thing (unit is still connected to sats)at the time I hooked it up to HOME... the Set Clock function and the Return to Factory Settings function are both grayed out in HOME. Now, the GPS was connected to sats when I plugged it into HOME, but does it STAY connected to sats when plugged in to HOME? If not, would that explain why the two features are grayed out in HOME or is there simply an issue with HOME (as there often is ;))

RD

You won't lose your settings. The only thing I've had to do once in a while with a pin reset IS to reset the clock so maybe this'll give your unit a 'kick start' but DO wait till you have a satellite signal.

Im wondering if perhaps the GPS should allow you to set the clock via the USB cable in TomTom Home.. at least set the right hour (timezone)... then when the GPS is in range,, allow it to correct...
Or have a checkbox on the GPS to do a DST adjustment

Ask a Question