Setting road junction as a "via"

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by oldie67, Oct 1, 2010.

1. oldie67

oldie67

TT XL IQ Europe

When I'm travelling north I have a choice of four routes from the M25 clockwise.....and last time I went a fifth, the M11, just to try it.

Is it possible to set a road junction, for example M25/M11, as a "via", without having to input a "city" first?

A simliar question about motorway or A road junctions. Sometimes I want to use a specific junction even though it's not the fastest route, like A1 junction 48. . Or a particular road junction, like A1/A66.

Without knowing which city they're supposed to be in, I usually pick a point on the map, This seems to give different results depending on which road you specify, or the slip road connecting them. Then there's the problem of getting on the right side of the dual carriageway.....

Is there any simple way to do it?

oldie67, Oct 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. oldie67

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    For picking the travel via, as you point out, you really need to expand the map as large as you can and even use a stylus, for example, rather than the tip of the finger to designate the proper side of a dual carriageway as you Brits call it that you wish to travel by.

dhn, Oct 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. oldie67

oldie67

Thanks dhn, I zoom in once I've got the point I'm aimimg for centralised.

What do you call a dual carriageway in Canada, then? I used the term because in the UK it can be a motorway, A road, B road, or even just a street in a city,

oldie67, Oct 4, 2010
  4. oldie67

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Normally we just refer to it as a divided highway.

dhn, Oct 4, 2010
  5. oldie67

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    For a couple of obscure reasons based upon past user experience, I would recommend setting the via just beyond any intersections instead of at the junction proper. It's easier and more reliable for a couple of reasons.

canderson, Oct 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question