service problems in Seattle/Tacoma area

Hi,

I have had my TomTom One for about a year and it has worked without a problem in the Seattle/Tacoma area for most of this time. For the past couple of weeks it has however not been picking up a GPS signal for long periods of time. Sometimes it takes a long time (10-15 minutes) after starting it up to pick up a signal. Other times it has a signal and then drops it in the middle of a route. I have not done any updates since I first got it a year ago, nothing has changed about the GPS that I know of.

I'm trying to figure out if it is the TomTom unit that is malfunctioning, or if maybe something is wrong with the GPS signals in the area. Anyone else experiencing problems like this?

Thank you in advance.

Well occasionally there are satellite outages but I doubt they would continue on a long term basis. There have been some rumors of mass outages caused by an aging system but I think that is as much for politics as anything else. Try a reset of your unit. A friend of mine had the same problems and that advice from TT support solved his problem. Post back with the results and if the problem persists I am certain other ideas will be posted.
BTW if you decide to do updates be sure you make a back up copy of the unit using windows explorer not TT home BEFORE you update.

Ask a Question