Serial Number on Box

Hello,
Someone snagged my TomTom out of my car last night. I am trying to get the serial number to report it to the police. Unfortunately, it is not registered and I have no backup to be able to get the serial number that way. I still have the box, but not sure if it has the serial number on it or not. I see a little barcode sticker that says "C No." or something like that. Is that the serial number? If not, is there anywhere else I could find it?

Thanks,
Dave

Did you ever make a backup of the unit's contents? (hopefully Explorer). If so, there is a text file called ttgo.bif in the root of the unit. you'll find the serial number in the 3rd or 4th row of information. You'd also find useful to provide the DeviceUniqueID, the value of which is one row lower.

The format of the serial number for all units, I think are 12 characters, the first and the 7th are alpha, the rest are numeric.

Last edited:
Which model did you have? A couple of the guys here know what serial number ranges match the various models, and could tell you the starting sequence you're looking for.

Call up Tomtom phone support. If you ever connected your device to Tomtom HOME, your Device ID is associated with your email address on their servers. Maybe the serial number too.

I'm pretty sure TT Support does have the serial number IF you connected via TT Home at some point. I was having trouble determining which device I had and they gave me my serial # and told me which unit I had based on that serial # (although they were wrong about which unit I had!). So I assume they should be able to give you yours as well.

On my box the serial number was there on a sticky with a bar code so I assume that what you have described is your serial number as well.

Last edited:

Ask a Question