Separate cards for maps

I am heading to Scotland soon and wondered if there was any benefit in having a separate sd card for the Europe maps?

Can you switch cards back and forth;1 card for North America and a second for Europe?
Thanks,
Bernie

Welcome to TTF, Bernie.

It would be most helpful if you provided the model TomTom that you have.

Since that model only has 1 GB memory, I don't think you'll be able to get any of the zoned Europe maps on a 1 GB card.

Wonder if the OP knows that he could pick up the separate UK & ROI map rather than all of Europe? He was pretty specific about being in Scotland, but didn't mention any of the rest of Europe. The UK & ROI would fit easily by itself.

I am heading to Scotland soon and wondered if there was any benefit in having a separate sd card for the Europe maps?

Can you switch cards back and forth;1 card for North America and a second for Europe?
Thanks,
Bernie

I'm confused here... In your second post you say you have a ONE (30 Series TTS) - I didn't think that model had an SD card slot,... just the internal memory.

So to switch maps, you'll need to swap one out onto your PC in order to make room for another.
But as dhn says, there isn't a full Europe map which will fit into 1GB, so canderson's suggestion of the UK map will be a good alternative.

I'm confused here... In your second post you say you have a ONE (30 Series TTS) - I didn't think that model had an SD card slot,... just the internal memory.
Hmm... good point. But we have another (possible) disconnect. He reports having a ONE 30, a UK model, and he's hitting us from a location here in the U.S. I'm beginning to question the model. AFAIK, the only ONE models operating on SD were the ONE 2nd Ed. and ONE-XL/XLS.

To the OP - how did you determine your model?

Ask a Question