seeking/replacing touch screen 540TM

TomTom Model(s)
xxl 540tm
Hello.
I have an xxl 540 TM.

The touchscreen cracked. I got it off. The lcd still works. I can solder. I see screens listed on ebay for xxl 540 S, (which the tomtom model finder tool here says mine is)

My question is: will these be the appropriate part for for my 540 TM? I also am looking around for a parts machine to take the whole LCD/Touchscreen from as it would be MUCH easier.

THe person that dropped and broke mine is buying me another, and I am going to make this one a back up for other family members.

Thanks
Jeremiah

That should be the same hardware.. "T" just means you got the RDS-TMC Traffic receiver in the box and "M" means you got lifetime map updates. "S" means text to speech voices installed.

I've heard it's possible to buy JUST the LCD screen without the "digitiser", or to buy the complete assembly with both parts together. Both are available on eBay.

I've never done it myself, but I've heard combining your existing digitiser with a new LCD is tricky.

But replacing the entire screen assembly (which I have done) is a piece of cake - just one ribbon cable and no soldering required.
You just need to be VERY careful not to break the latches on the ribbon cable connector.

Ask a Question