Seeing a map correction

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 720
Good morning all,

I reported that a new bridge was built in my area. The old bridge was just over to the left by one street. Each time I plan a route over that bridge it directs me to the old one. How can I change it to take effect on my unit?

Thank you,
Brenda

:)
P.S. I have a 720

Last edited:
Not all Map Share corrections you make will take immediate effect on your unit. In short, the type of update you're talking about is one that won't take immediate effect on your unit. See this thread for more info.

I appreciate and and all advise. I'm trying my best to figure this out on my own, but I guess I need a little more assistance if possible.

When I zoom in on the map it shows that the old bridge does not span the river and that the new bridge is a direct road from where I am coming from, but it still wants me to turn left and head for the old bridge. So I guess I don't know how to correct something that is correct......you know what I mean???? :eek:

Also, when making corrections, is there a way to correct the directions right from the details of the route planned? Because I'm finding it very difficult to pinpoint it on the map.

Anyway.........I did try to pinpoint it on the map and correct it by blocking the road, but to no avail. :rolleyes:

Impossible, you need to wait that they create the bridge in your area. Maybe... you can cheat somehow, you place your departure from a point across the bridge, or you can put that point as your House. :p

Submit it to mapshare, but they will never add it for free.

Have you tried to block the old bridge? You should be able to zoom in and select the bridge and block that portion of it. Then your 720 should avoid it in route calculations. If you'll give us the location I'll try it this afternoon and see if I can do it then I can give you better directions.

Ask a Question