Sd card - what kind to buy for 720

What do I look for in a 4GB sD card for the Go720? I see sd and sdhc and ultra and high-speed.... Will any of them be compatible?

Thanks again

asbaker,
tomtom officially supports upto 4GB and only SDs not SDHC.
But contrary to that, most users who tried have been able to use 4 GB SDHC cards...and especially the transcend 4GB 150x cards. The transcend cards are cheaper than sandisk...

I just went out and got the same card from Best Buy ($59 incl card reader. FS wants $109 for same card).

Anyway, it's still in the package as I don't need an immediate use until the next NA map comes along too large to fit in internal memory. I don't plan to go through that horror show again!:eek:

My question is: does the card need formatting (and, if so, to what) or would it be recognized by the TT720 immediately after I put it into the card slot?

Thanks in advance.

first thing i check when i bought the car was about the format, i put it in the reader, than to the computer.. and it was already format in FAT32.. so i put it in my TT and installed my 710.6xxx on it

actualy i got that card from Bureau en gros (stapples in quebec), they put the wrong price tag and i got it for 38.99$CAN (was advertise at 48$ but they have to give you back 10$ off when the price is wrongly charge at the cash.. comsumer protection office rulez !!)

SD Card Compatibility

I have found that all cards that I own are working (older slower Sandisk, no name brands etc.) One card was a bit tempermental, but I reformatted it after backing up all files.

Tech Support at TomTom USA said the machine should take older and newer cards with very little specificity given to me.

Ask a Question