SD card usage

On the 510, does the SD card hold EVERYTHING? In other words, if I do a FULL back up using explorer and just copy all those files onto the new SD card it should work?
Should be the same method even with a unit without an SD Card right? Just plug the unit into your PC copy the files from the GPS onto a disk or you PC desktop, or whatever, so you will have a backup of you maps and files.

Just as long as you can have a backup I would think it would not matter if you had an SD Card or not...Correct me on this if I'm wrong? The SD Card is just another way of transferring files between your PC and you GPS. Just like on your digital cameras...

R Bell

..Correct me on this if I'm wrong? The SD Card is just another way of transferring files between your PC and you GPS. Just like on your digital cameras...R Bell
Depends which model you have. If, like yours, your TT comes with an SD card, it is required at all times because it contains all the system files, settings and the maps. Without it your TT cannot boot up. All the software is on that card.

Only the new (v3) ONE and the newly announced ONE XL have internal storage. With these devices, yes, the SD slot is to transfer files and add maps, etc. Though with these devices an SD card is not supplied.

Ask a Question