sd card replacement

Hi all, first post, im new to gps nav, have a TT1.

I read the sticky on upgrading the sd card, is it possible to do it without the cd? i didnt get one in my box.

Couldnt i just make a backup and then restore it onto the new sd card?

i have the version of the one with only a usb port and an sd card slot on the bottom, it says 4N00.004.

Thanks!

(i tried searching this to and couldnt find anything, I apolagize if it is a repost.)

Ryan

Welcome to the forum.

Couldnt i just make a backup and then restore it onto the new sd card?

You certainly can. Just copy the contents of the internal memory of your TT1 using Windows Explorer (or File Finder on the Mac), and copy that to an SD card.

After copying to the SD card, try booting up with it inside the unit. It should work.

running into a problem.

i copy all the files from the oem card onto my HD.

then copy all the files onto a new 2gb card from the hd.

pop it back in the TT1 and it loads, but maps are no longer activated, and my activation code does not work.

any ideas?

hmmmi entered my product code when loading the map onto the new card, but it still asks for activation when i boot it up.

when you copied your files over to the new card did you "unhide" and "unprotect" the files on the card? If you do this you can copy that information to any card and you wont have any problems or have to re-activate.

Hmm...make sure you have a full backup by trying this.

Take out the SD card and connect the TT unit to the computer and open HOME.

Now, in HOME you should see the maps on the internal memory. Copy the maps to your computer using the 'Copy to Computer' function. Once it has finished copying, you can click on 'Install to TomTom' and see that the maps you copied should be an option to install on your device.

Disconnect your device.

Place the SD card in the device and connect to the computer. Delete the maps from the SD card, and then install the maps from your computer using HOME.

See if that makes a difference.

when you are activating your maps, you need to be connected to HOME and use virtual TomTom. If you are just activating your maps using your wireless phone and are not connected to a wireless phone, then it won't work.

flex, tried that too, no luck, still asks to activate when i boot up.

pedro, cant seem to access virtual tom, how do i do it.

"my device" is greyed out in HOME.

Last edited:

Ask a Question