Sd card deleted on tomtom one no backup

OK my g/f dad somehow deleted his sd card from his tom tom and has done no backup of anykind what can i do.....when i turn on the device it shows a red x over the memory card and when i take out the memory card and plug it in the computer it just sits there wit hthe cord plug into it....home does not see the device but windows picks up the removable drive

When you look aat the contents of the sd card with Explorer, do you see a map folder with files in it?

Check google for file recovery programs. A friend of mine recently lost all his photo's after formatting his SD card. He was able to recover all with a recovery program.

Sidney

Last edited:
You can also try calling Tomtom phone support. They'll walk you through reinstalling all the software to get it working, but you may have to buy a map. Sometimes if they're in a good mood they'll give you a really old map for free.

Ask a Question