SD Card Data

Hi, new member here and I'm hoping you guys could help me with something. My parents are in the UK now?with my TomTom One?and while they managed to install the appropriate maps on an SD card (which is shocking in itself), they didn't install any voices (which is not so shocking).

What can I do for them? My first thought is to send them another SD card with the following:
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.toc
great_britain_postal_teleatlas_701.toc
navcore_6560_7914.toc

Of course, I know the basic TomTom software needs to be on that card, as well, not to mention a voice. But where do I find either? And I assume I'm probably missing something from the above list, too.

I'd appreciate the help, guys, otherwise my folks are going to cut me out of the will and leave all the money to the dog.

UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.toc
great_britain_postal_teleatlas_701.toc
navcore_6560_7914.toc

The files listed above are Table of Content files or *.toc which is used by TT HOME to install the corresponding files. You need to have the accompanied *.cab file (i.e. UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.cab) for the *.toc to be useful.

You need:

UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.cab (this is a map)
great_britain_postal_teleatlas_701.cab (this looks like a POI)
navcore_6560_7914.cab (this is firmware v6.560 for you TT1)

To install voices you can tell them to download the voices off the TT HOME software. Their are free ones available. After downloading, the software should automatically prompt to install them.

The .cab files: they show up as Stuffit files. I assume what I need to do is un-stuff them and copy whatever comes out on to the SD card, no? And if so, do they need to be in their own folder, or can everything just be put in the same directory?

The voices: I did a backup of my TT1 (already got the lingo...) before my folks left, so there's a voices folder with all these .chk files. Can I just grab one of those?

By the way, I'm sorry about being so full of questions. I feel like some troll who's just dumping on everyone right now.

The .cab files: they show up as Stuffit files. I assume what I need to do is un-stuff them and copy whatever comes out on to the SD card, no?

No, just leave them as Stuffit files.

And if so, do they need to be in their own folder, or can everything just be put in the same directory?

Yes, if you leave both the *.cab and the matching *.toc file and place it one folder. Let TT HOME recognize it and install. I think this is easier for you parents to do.

The voices: I did a backup of my TT1 (already got the lingo...) before my folks left, so there's a voices folder with all these .chk files. Can I just grab one of those?

Copy the whole voices folder and let them copy it to the SD card.

Ask a Question