SD Based GOs Cross Country Routing Limitations?

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
Does the GO 510 still have the regional versus cross country routing limitation like the older SD based GO models and the Palm/PocketPC based Navigator? The SD based GOs are very nicely priced, but back when was using TomTom Navigator 5 on my Palm I found the lack of a cross country routing feature very annoying (which is why I purchased the GO 700 since it has the 2.5gb hard drive). Is the GO 510, One, etc., still limited like that? When you live in a big country/continent (like North America), are you having to switch out regional maps or does the single North American map fit on one SD card? Also, does anyone know what the maximum capacity of SD card can be used in a GO?

My thinking behind this is that a GO 510 with a 4GB SD card would be a very nice eventual replacement for my GO 700. Don't get me wrong -- I'm still very happy with my GO 700, especially since TomTom released the v6.xx software update, but the bigger screen and newer technology might get overly tempting one day, so it would be good to know these things.

Thanks!

Chris, my TT510 can take me from Los Angeles to Canada no problem, the 1 GB SD card carries both the US and Canadian map on one single disk. Also I spoke with someone highup from TomTom yesterday, and she told me to relate to all our US and NA members that they will be releasing a new updated map for us here in the US for all TT models. So stay tune, my partner Jason put up an Announcement on our site regarding my conversation yesterday with TomTom. I chose to keep her identity private at this point until I can confirm further with her. But it seems that TomTom has taken great interest with those of us here in the US, and that comments from all our users here in the US and North America are being heard by TomTom. It is indeed a great day for us TomTom users in the US. I will brief us further as more information becomes available to TomTomForums.com.

John

That's very good to know that all the maps fit on one SD card. Have you ever tried anything bigget than a 1GB?

Giddy up! I spoke with a woman at TT support the day the announcement for TomTom Navigator 6 for the PDA came out, asking her where a map update for the GOs is since new maps are now out for the PDA platforms. She told me that they were supposed to be out the end of Summer, but they were obviously delayed. She did say that it could literally be any week or even day now that they are released for the GOs, but that she couldn't give me a date.

Again, thanks a ton for this site, John. I knew that TomTom would take notice, because the site looks very nice and professional, you're not doing anything illegal or against TomTom here, and it's a dedicated 3rd-party TomTom specific forum. How could they NOT like that, right? I know there are other TomTom forums out there with a little more traffic than what's currently going on here, but they are not dedicated TomTom forums (they're general GPS forums), and the majority of them are European centric Not that our Euroipean brethren aren't welcome here or anything of the sort -- it's just that it's nice to see more than four North American POIs available for download, y'know? ;)

Ask a Question