Screen Slow AFTER map update

I upgraded to the latest map last night and ever since then, the screen update time is about 1 - 1.5 seconds, much slower than it was BEFORE the map upgrade.the version map I have now is v850.2781.
The boot file is 5.5120, the GPS version is v1.20
I compared it against a GO 730, and everything is the same, except for the screen speed. With the 730, the screen update speed looks like about 0.10 seconds.
Any ideas?

Pete

Firstly how many POI files have been enabled so they show on the map as this is known to slow the screen refresh rate down, it might not be you thats enabled the POI the software could have done it on its own during the addition of the new map. Disable any POI files that are set to be visible then try it again.

If the above doesn't applythen see how much free space is still available on the device by using Windows Explorer, right click the drive letter associated with your TomTom and select "Properties" - Mike

Ask a Question