Screen problems

TomTom Model(s)
930 (2)TT910,(1)TT510
Has anyone had problems with the screens/display on their TT. Mine started to ghost and it steadly got worse untill it had a ghost about 1/2" away. When I talked to the salesman he said that he has seen a few come through like that.

Last edited:
Sounds like a defect worth sending it back to TT for a replacement. Have you checked with TT support?

On a TV screen, didn't that sometimes come from the signal arriving from two different points at different times because it had been reflected from something on the way? Hardly the case here; it's all internal.

Screen moisture drop ??

Has anyone had problems with the screens/display on their TT. Mine started to ghostand it steadly got worse untill it had a ghost about 1/2" away. When I talked to the salesman he said that he has seen a few come through like that.

I haven't had that problem but do have a small (dime-sized) wet spot on the screen. You can move the spot around a little, and it looks like it is moisture trapped between 2 sheets of glass or plastic. Anyone had this happen? TT is 1 week old and never left outside or in the car. Support suggests protective new screen sheet in place. There is NO stuck on plastic protecter.
????????

I hadn't thought about the need for a screen protector, although I certainly needed one on my Palm Pilot. Does someone make a protector for a 510/910? Does anyone in the forum use one?

I don't use a screen protector, but I think I should get one. I have one on my PDA also with a silcone case.

A German Nav forum did a review on the brand EXiM on the GO 910 and they like it. If you want to read the review I linked, use a web translator like google's translator.

This item can be found on ebay.

I got my unit about 4 months ago. Now I am getting the run around from Radio Shack about getting it fixed.I even have the extended warranty. I will just bite the bullet and pay for shipping back to TT. Has anyone seen the IWay 600c?

Last edited:
I've read a little about it. It has a 5" screen, nice with built in FM transmitter. Didn't have any more info like the GUI or the maps.

Just read on Club TomTom's site, they are informing people that a Proporta is selling an acessory to help main the x10. They have a Essential TomTom Protection and Travel Kit and or a Silicone Case for the TomTom Go (510 / 710 / 910).

The Protection & Travel kit comes with:
  • Silicone case
  • Advanced Screen Protector
  • 2-in-1 Stylus
  • Mobile Device Cleaner
  • Screen Cleaning Cloth

Ask a Question