Screen keeps going off

I got a TT1 3rd edition for Xmas and have been using it for a week. This evening, for the first time, it began acting up. The screen went blank while the green "ON" indicator light stayed on. It has been running on 12V the whole time save for a few times when I unplugged it and let it run on battery power (and that worked fine, btw). Today, the screen goes blank on me and will come back on when I touch the screen. It will stay on about 30 seconds and then go off. I eventually Reset it to Factory and it seems fine now. I hadn't lost anything since it is was still straight out of the box, so it was NBD. I would like to understand why it went off though. Anyone have the same problem? I was wondering if it had a factory setting to power-off and it somehow went into HAL mode on me.:confused:

It sounds like yours is set up to turn the screen off between instructions - mine does this too (though I set it up on purpose to conserve battery on long drives)... try "Change Preferences" --> "Brightness Preferences"; hit "Done", then it should take you to "Battery saving preferences"... hope this is what you were looking for!

I will give that a shot and see what happens. Weird thing is that it started doing this on its own, and after a week of on-off use with no problem.

Thanks!

Happened to me

I experienced the screen going blank with my new tt1 le. After a week of normal behaviour, last night the screen went blank. If I pressed the screen it would come back but go blank again after about 20 seconds. The unit would still 'talk' to me while the screen was blank. I investigated and found that the Battery saving preferences under Change preferences had 'somehow' been set to Always turn off screen.

I don't remember doing that, but also noticed that if I go through that screen and 'fat finger' the done option it will change from never to always. Then I will have to hit the done button again. This might well have happened as I check out the many options on my new toy. There have been times when the done button seems to need to be pushed a second time to work - I now believe that this behaviour means I missed hitting the button right on.

I am relieved to know that my TT is probably OK - I really like it alot!!

Ask a Question