Scratches

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Somehow my Rider2 has recieved several scrapes on the screens protective film coating. Is there a]safe way to completely remove this film and replace it with something else?

I dont think the actual screen is scraped, just the coating.

I also note that this coating is sort of a "milky" coloured (anti-glare?) and the area under the scrapes are much clearer. I suspect a nice new clear coating would make the screen much easier to see in the daylight.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Nope, never did. Have always been pretty careful with the screen.

In doing some searching, I can basically only find threads regarding removal of anti glare coatings on PC monitors, which of course are actually glass, not some sort of plastic like the GPS.

As I stated in the previous post, I am almost certain the scrapes are in the coating itself and not in the actual PGS screen.

Just wondering if anyone has succesfully removed the coating without destroying whats underneath.

Cheers!

The onl thing I can suggest is that you visit a jeweller. They often have a special cream they use to get scratches out of watch crystals (plastic in many cases).

Maybe that'll help.........

Thanks for your replies Dhn, however I think you are misunderstanding what it is I am seeking.

Perhaps automotive TT's don't use this coating on the screen. The screen itself is not scratched, I am not trying to repair scratches. The mico-thin coating (which is a different colour than the actual screen) has been scrapped off in a few areas.

I am looking for someone that has actually went ahead and safely removed the coating, and then bought one of those aftermarket anti-scratch/anit-glare shields in place of the coating.

Cheers

OK.

AFAIK, the automotive gps units do not have a factory added screen covering other than the thin protective one all units come with that you peel off before use.

Say..............:rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garoutte07

Latest Threads

Back