San Juan & Ponce Puerto Rico

TomTom Model(s)
510 software 6.52
Heading to Puerto Rico for a bachelor party next month!

Need some POI's for the trip. Strip Clubs, Mcdonalds, hilton hotel, airport, gas stations, BOFA, hooters, anything from the mainland that I may need while driving across the island.

I'll be in the city of Ponce so ideally these POI's would be between San Juan (airport) and the city of Ponce (Hilton Hotel) and surrounding area.

I just thought of something. Do North America maps include Puerto Rico???

Last edited:
Sorry to say that as of Map 7.05 (don't have the 7.15) there are 0 POI's for Puerto Rico of any kind. it seems those folks at TomTom have completely neglected Puerto Rico.

Yes iknow its a bit late, but i just registerd.. :(

I have the GO720 with 7.15 map and POI's from the GO920 Map ver 7.10 that I downloaded from someone on this forum. I checked PR and found some shopping centers and hospitals for San Juan and Ponce. I haven't checked all categories but NONE were found for restaurants or gas stations in those two cities.
I have a Garmin Etrex Vista CX and recently visited Old San Juan. The Garmin has a bunch of POI's of all kinds there.

San Juan

I wonder of Puerto Ricans have the chance to purchace tomtoms in P.R. if so the are getting a ripoff from tomtom. Maybe tomtom doen't kn ow that P.R. is U.S. territory? I used to live in P.R. as a child and would like to go for my class reunion would love to have pois for P.R. too. just liek a map for other countries like Greece , Mexico , S.America

C O M E O N TOMTOM! Y O U H A V E B E E N A R O U N D L O N G
E N O U G H T O G E T M A P S F O R M A R S T O O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giorgio

I just found out it is a ripoff!
Tom Tom lists restaurants in MIAMI! Not a single worthwhile POI. Just airports.
My wife got me a Magellan at COSTCO and I am so happy with it. Maps, POI, everything works great. My dad saw it and he wanted a GPS. After doing some research, Tom Tom was always the best rated, so I bought on sale at Best Buys for Fathers day. What a disapointment. It might work great in the US, but if you are in Puerto Rico, or plan to travel to Puerto Rico, be aware the maps work, but that's it. Nothing else. Oh, also, the GPS is a month old, a new map came out and they want $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God!!!!!!

Check ebay for my posting selling a used twice Tom Tom One XL.....

Puerto Rico POIS

Sorry to say but tomtom does not have any pois for PR. I've been using NAV 5 for some time already and nothing comes up at all. Actually, I have a problem using tomtom in PR, when I switch maps to use PR, after a couple of minutes, the machine freezes and my treo 650 shuts down. It goes through this motion over and over. The only way to stop it is to do a soft reset on my TREO. I've complained to tomtom and all they say is to install ALWAYS ON on my treo, a 3rd party software that allows my treo to always be on, problem is that it doesn't work still. End result, no luck. :mad:

Where is the link to the PR map ?

Hello,

I am trying to purchase the PR map and cant find it in the TOM TOM Store. can anybody please send me the link ?

Thanks,

Sorry to say but tomtom does not have any pois for PR. I've been using NAV 5 for some time already and nothing comes up at all.

The current maps v830 have POIs for Puerto Rico, just like anywhere else. It's been a long time since the v5xx maps on Nav 5, I'm not sure when it was added.

Ask a Question