San Francisco Bay Area New User

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Paol, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Paol

Paol

TomTom Model(s):
    One XL
    Hi Everyone, I was hoping to find a forum specific to the area I live and travel in so I can compare notes with others that are familiar with the routes, POIs etc. I leave my house in Pacifica, heading towards San Francisco, or...the Peninsula and my TomTom One XL makes some remarkable errors, which is a contrast to it's helpfulness as a rule. What a mystery...

Paol, Dec 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Paol

GarCor

TomTom Model(s):
    Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
    Welcome to The forum!

You will find people on here from CA but not exclusive. There are people on here from all over and lots of information to had for your area and elsware.

GarCor, Dec 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Paol

GAW

TomTom Model(s):
    I use it extensively in the Bay area, and have not had any significant routing issues in your area.

You did not mention if you had a new unit (and just started using it), or have had it for a while. Also, what map version and application version do you have loaded?

In any case, you might check you routing preferences. The "shortest" route preference has been notorious for generating some strange instructions - quickest is usually the safest choice.

GAW, Dec 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question