Sam's Club sells 720

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Sam's Club is selling the 720 for $284.95. With their 15 day return policy it's a fine place to buy electronics.

garyfME

Ad

Advertisements

Sam's Club is selling the 720 for $284.95. With their 15 day return policy it's a fine place to buy electronics.

garyfME
Sam's club's return policy is a lot longer than 15 days. I think its a full year (or 6 months for a computer). So even if you open up and use a computer for 6 months and then want to return it, you can.

I had previously purchased a 720 from sams, had it for a month and then returned it, so I know its longer than 15 days (though you may have to pay for a restocking fee if you don't include everything that was originally in it).

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
<Snip>

I had previously purchased a 720 from sams, had it for a month and then returned it, so I know its longer than 15 days (though you may have to pay for a restocking fee if you don't include everything that was originally in it).
Knowing the blasted *&%$#% blister pack the TomTom comes in, how did you open it without destroying the package? Or... didn't Sam's care?

I like Sam's a lot. I've returned TurboTax and a printer in the past without question.

Sam's didn't care. It's a complete satisfaction guarantee and its pretty liberal. Not as liberal as Costco's lifetime return policy, but it's still great. So long as you're not buying and returning a GPS every other week or something ridiculous like that, its not a problem.

I actually earlier this month bought a Garmin Nuvi 750 from Sam's, just to try it out. Didn't like it so returned it a week later.

P

paulAZ

Toys R Us of all places has the 720 for $230.
Return is something like 45 days.

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
?? Just went to their web site and saw 279.98$... A typo?

Did you go to the Canadian website? I gather from Paul's userid that he's in Arizona. Big surprise that stuff is showing less in US $$ than in canadian $$ --- not.:rolleyes:

P

paulAZ

When I called they said it was $350 "but its on sale at 30% off"
In the store the sale price was $230.
He told me the web site price is entirely separate from the store prices.
go figure.

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
Did you go to the Canadian website? I gather from Paul's userid that he's in Arizona. Big surprise that stuff is showing less in US $$ than in canadian $$ --- not.:rolleyes:
First went to the Canadian site which did not have anything bearing the name Tomtom so went to the USA site which listed the price I quoted.

As for Canadian prices vs USA prices, I consider it a scandal! Home Depot has a top line Ridgid shop vacuum selling for much more in Canadian stores than the US identical model. My wife has a Ford Taurus 1999 SE with the 24 valve Duratech motor and had a blown power steering pressure hose which sells about 100$ in the USA (RockAuto, Advanced etc). We phoned most automotive parts stores locally and got most quotes in the 185 - 205 range... I would not mind a 10 or 20% difference but anything more makes me wince and frown when I see twice! For those who have no idea of how both money compare, it is somewhat on par.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
my local ToysRUs said they had one when I called last week.......went to get it at $229 and the box was empty......:eek: Couldn't find it anywhere......next closest one to me is 140 miles .....soooo by the time I paid for gas.....no savings..
Bought mine from Crutchfields......299 no tax free ship

Ask a Question