Sam's Club sells 720

Sam's Club is selling the 720 for $284.95. With their 15 day return policy it's a fine place to buy electronics.

garyfME

Sam's club's return policy is a lot longer than 15 days. I think its a full year (or 6 months for a computer). So even if you open up and use a computer for 6 months and then want to return it, you can.

I had previously purchased a 720 from sams, had it for a month and then returned it, so I know its longer than 15 days (though you may have to pay for a restocking fee if you don't include everything that was originally in it).

<Snip>

I had previously purchased a 720 from sams, had it for a month and then returned it, so I know its longer than 15 days (though you may have to pay for a restocking fee if you don't include everything that was originally in it).

Knowing the blasted *&%$#% blister pack the TomTom comes in, how did you open it without destroying the package? Or... didn't Sam's care?

I like Sam's a lot. I've returned TurboTax and a printer in the past without question.

Sam's didn't care. It's a complete satisfaction guarantee and its pretty liberal. Not as liberal as Costco's lifetime return policy, but it's still great. So long as you're not buying and returning a GPS every other week or something ridiculous like that, its not a problem.

I actually earlier this month bought a Garmin Nuvi 750 from Sam's, just to try it out. Didn't like it so returned it a week later.

?? Just went to their web site and saw 279.98$... A typo?

Did you go to the Canadian website? I gather from Paul's userid that he's in Arizona. Big surprise that stuff is showing less in US $$ than in canadian $$ --- not.:rolleyes:

When I called they said it was $350 "but its on sale at 30% off"
In the store the sale price was $230.
He told me the web site price is entirely separate from the store prices.
go figure.

Did you go to the Canadian website? I gather from Paul's userid that he's in Arizona. Big surprise that stuff is showing less in US $$ than in canadian $$ --- not.:rolleyes:

First went to the Canadian site which did not have anything bearing the name Tomtom so went to the USA site which listed the price I quoted.

As for Canadian prices vs USA prices, I consider it a scandal! Home Depot has a top line Ridgid shop vacuum selling for much more in Canadian stores than the US identical model. My wife has a Ford Taurus 1999 SE with the 24 valve Duratech motor and had a blown power steering pressure hose which sells about 100$ in the USA (RockAuto, Advanced etc). We phoned most automotive parts stores locally and got most quotes in the 185 - 205 range... I would not mind a 10 or 20% difference but anything more makes me wince and frown when I see twice! For those who have no idea of how both money compare, it is somewhat on par.

my local ToysRUs said they had one when I called last week.......went to get it at $229 and the box was empty......:eek: Couldn't find it anywhere......next closest one to me is 140 miles .....soooo by the time I paid for gas.....no savings..
Bought mine from Crutchfields......299 no tax free ship

Ask a Question