Same map version for dl, two different sizes?

So I finally upgraded to an XL 340S (seems great so far!) made an explorer backup and TT Home backup, then did the updating. The unit has USA, Canada, and Mexico P map, version 835.2419.

I know the 845 map is out now, and when I attempted to use the "Latest Map Guarantee" today, Home told me one was available (845.2670). Good start! I hit install, and left it alone for a few hours. When I came back, Home was reporting an error, with the message "The internet server had an internal error." Repeated tries get the same error.

The interesting thing is that when I now go to "Update my device," one of the downloads that is offered is a USA Canada and Mexico map, same exact version (845.2670). Except this one is 1728MB, whereas the one I was getting to via Latest Map Guarantee was showing as 2043MB. Before I download and install anything I want to know what the differences are.

Is there a known difference between these two maps? Suggestions as to what was causing the "server error"? I appreciate any insight.

The map with the 1728 size is the one you want as the other will not fit your unit.

TT has server errors frequently, and this is world wide at times. Whenever you see that message, best to try later.

Thanks dhn. What accounts for the difference in size though, and why is it offered to me by TomTom Home when I go through the Latest Map Guarantee process if it won't fit?

The size of the map is loaded into HOME's server database. Tomtom probably published an incorrect map size, which was why the server download kept crashing in the past.

If the last 4 digits of the map are the same 2670 in Latest Map Guarantee or Update my XL, then it's the identical map. Tomtom probably fixed some index on the server.

Ask a Question