Safety Lock

Somehow my TomTom One has the safety lock turned on. I did not set it on purpose. How can I get it turned off so I can fully use it.

Please realize that if you are referring to the security pin code put in the unit by the user, then you will not find out how to undo that in this or any other legitimate forum.

Understand our position here.This is your first post. We do not know you. Units don't just happen to "somehow" have a security code entered into them. Do you see where I'm heading with this???

Only TomTom can provide (for $$$) the capability of correcting a forgotten pin code.

If you ARE the legitimate owner, give them a call at 866-486-6866.

But......

(and this is thanks to member mikealder who reminded me of this )...

If you are referring to the fact most buttons appear missing, then go to Preferences-->safety Preferences and see if the option to hide most menu options when driving is checked. If it is, uncheck it.

Last edited:
It is a safety feature that locks out most menu items when the car (unit) is moving!

It is under preferences, safety, safety lock. If it is on, you can stop the car and have full access to your menus.

:eek:)

Ask a Question