Safety Lock Enabled

Do you have a model with a safety preference to either show essential menus when driving or it may be worded something like 'show fewer menus'.

If either one, uncheck it.

Safety Lock Enabled

Thanks for the tip - will put it to the test tomorrow. Quite a recent problem as it has only occurred in the past few months. Again, thanks for the tip.

How can I disable the safety lock. It just came on and now I can't enter any destinations..it only wants to take me home..please help.

Under safety preferences-->UNcheck show fewer menu options when driving (some models say 'show essential menu options).

Safety Lock enabled

I have a Tom Tom XXL and the Safety Lock Enabled is on. when this is on, I cannot access any other options, and cannot therefore access the Change Preferences. It will not let me change anything at all, so how can I cancel this option

You should be able to access that option (to make changes) when the unit is in a stationary position. In other words, you are NOT driving.

Anyone have any idea how you disable this. I navigated to a destination and I could not clear the route. It stated the safety lock was enable. Help please.:confused:
Hi Donallen

We had this problem today for the first time with my partner's satnav. (can't remember the model no.). The address button was greyed out, so I could not set a route. I noticed the notice at bottom left of screen which said 'Safety Lock Enabled' and I tried in vain to find a way to disable it.

I tried turning off and on a few times. No luck. Then I tried holding the on button down for a minute or so. I could still see the message about Safety lock enables sometimes, but the address button reappeared and satnav worked as normal. I have no idea if pressing the on switch for longer did the trick or if (I suspect this was the case) it was simply that the satnav needed more time to charge up before working properly.

Good luck
DW

Ask a Question