Safety Lock Enabled

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
Anyone have any idea how you disable this. I navigated to a destination and I could not clear the route. It stated the safety lock was enable. Help please.:confused:

Anyone have any idea how you disable this. I navigated to a destination and I could not clear the route. It stated the safety lock was enable. Help please.:confused:

I have a 510 and have never used this feature but you can (if you can) access the safety lock through the menu. I believe it is located to the third page. Just tap it and you should be able to exit the safety lock. I have no idea what its purpose truly is. I would rather be able to lock it where the map can be locked out in the event that it is stolen. This would make the unit worthless to thieves.

Thank you for your reply but I have a GO720 and it has different screens I think. In any case there is nothing on any of the pages to turn it off or on. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thank you for your reply but I have a GO720 and it has different screens I think. In any case there is nothing on any of the pages to turn it off or on. Anyone else have any ideas?

Is there an icon for "Show all options". When units are sent tey do not show all options avaiable unless desired by user. I have yet to see an operational 720 so I am guessing here!!!!!! You could try resetting to factory settings. This will erase any favorites stored though.

Everyone thank you for your responses. I had tried all of the above suggestions and could not find it anywhere. I tried the navigate again and now it works. I have no idea what changed or what caused it. Again thanks everyone.
Now another problem:
When signing on to Tom Tom Home I now get the following notification:

"tomtom.com" is a site that uses a security certificate to encrypt data during transmission, but it's certificate expired on 9/15/2007 at 11:18a.m. etc etc

I can elect to continue and have but I can not get any downloads when I do that. Anyone else get this or know anything about it.

I certainly appreciate this site as I am having some inconveniences to say the least. Thanks again everyone.

I think I actually know what happened to you. The safety lock prevents you from viewing certain menu items while in motion. In order for you to see those items again, you must first stop moving completely, then reopen the menu. From there, you can disable the safety lock.

Here is a screen shot of the security notification.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 813
Thank you for that...

Looking and reading other forum posts, it lookst like its something TomTom has to fix on their end. However, the program should still function normally when you continue on through.

It does, it is just anoying that you have to go through one more step. Notified TT several days ago and am awaiting response from them. Thanks everyone for all your help. I really enjoy this site and have learned quite a bit. TT seems to care less as they do not have the GO720 manuals as of yet.

Well I guess I owe TT an apology, I received the following email from them a short time ago:

Dear Donallen,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding the expired security certificate error in HOME. This is a known issue that is being worked on by the HOME developers. Clicking the Continue button in the message box should allow you to use HOME normally though.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Ask a Question