Safety Cameras USA, CAN

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
I purchased a GO730 last week, and yesterday when connecting my GO to the computer, I downloaded and installed the "Safety Cameras USA, CAN - Free of Charge" to my device. It says it's suppose to show you the intersections of Cameras, and that I'd be able to add corrections of intersections not showing.

I went through an intersection today WITH Red Light Cameras, and I received no warning or Icon, or whatever it is suppose to show/tell me.

Is this suppose to be a POI? It doesn't appear on my list.

I'm confused and am wondering if anybody can give me a clue. I did search the forums for this, and saw some threads concerning the Europe market, but nothing seemed to be about the USA market.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Just as a poi category of restaurants would not likely have every Mcdonald's in NA, I doubt a red light camera poi file would have every location in NA; in fact, I'm sure of it.

Thanks for the Reply, dhn. I understand what you are saying, but I guess I don't understand how it is suppose to work, since it keeps telling me I can modify them on my device, and it has updated my device I think twice now when I connect to Home

the 1st time i got close to a red light camera, my 730 beeped and a small icon on screen, when i was talking to TT tech support i asked them how to change the beeping- to louder or a warning- they did not know how to adjust it- so if anyone knows i sure would appreciate knowing how to do it!

I'm on thin ice here.....but.......I think

The warnings are.ogg files named the same as the .ov2 and .bmp file and the .ogg file warning file also resides in the specific map folder.

Again, I think......

When you select a warning for a speed warning, it asks what warning you want and shows a default. I believe you say 'yes' even though it may not be the warning and then there is a screen where you can change the sound......

All of the above is sketchy; I know that. But the precise process is something like that.

I think the explanation in this link may help.

Hey Bobby,

I've attached the screen shot, which I'm sure you've seen. It says it's on my device, but for the life of me I don't see how it works. Here in Salem I went through an intersection that in fact has red light cameras on all four corners. But I don't receive any warning, nor do I see where I can 'add' an intersection like it says on the screen shot. I can't even find an option on my device that says to warn of such cameras.

I looked in my device, under the North American 2GB folder, and I see the following two files:

Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2
Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTomOv2.ver

I also just noticed I have a folder on my device called POI, and this file is listed there as well:

Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.tlv

So I know something is there. I noticed dhn's post after yours mentioned an OGG file, which I don't have, so I am going to have to check out that thread to see if I can figure it out.

:confused:

Attachments

• TTHome1.jpg
    TTHome1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
I came to reply to a message that was posted here (notified by email), but I don't see it here :confused:

This was the message: (posted by Emily)

I was confused by this too at first. The Safety Cameras don't appear as a POI, and you can't update them via Manage POIs or through Map Corrections.

Instead, access Safety Cameras by selecting TomTom Services, then TomTom Safety Cameras. That will give you a number of options for setting preferences and correcting Safety Camera info. They kind of hid it in the menus there...

This, in fact works, and I would never have thought to even look here, as obvious as it is NOW. I thought that was for PAID services! Lordy

Anyway, my thanks to Emily for the information. I was in Portland Oregon last weekend, and I infact got a notice of a camera location, so that further confused me as to how mine was working.

Case Closed

no camera show up zith go930

I have the same problem: no camera show up with go930 in North America.

I noticed that in Europe it works, but the files are not the same: for instance for France I have
Radar_FR_TomTom with file type=OV2
Radar_FR_TomTom.ov2 with file type=DCT
Radar_FR_TomTomOv2 with file type=VER

whereas for North America, I have
Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom with file type=OV2
Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTomOv2 with file type=VER

is the file type=DCT missing? All these files were downloaded by update of the cameras through Tomtom Home.
Can someone send me the 3 files if they do exist?

Was there anything special you did to get safety cameras to show up for download, for you? nothing shows up for me when I go to that section in TomTom Home .. and I figured maybe there weren't any.. I would definitely like those to come down to my device..

I came to reply to a message that was posted here (notified by email), but I don't see it here :confused:

This was the message: (posted by Emily)

This, in fact works, and I would never have thought to even look here, as obvious as it is NOW. I thought that was for PAID services! Lordy

Anyway, my thanks to Emily for the information. I was in Portland Oregon last weekend, and I infact got a notice of a camera location, so that further confused me as to how mine was working.

Case Closed

Can everyone get the safety cameras for US for free or do you have to have a 730? In my 720 when I click on the icon to update the cameras, I get a message stating I have to purchase a subscription before I can get them.

I'm on thin ice here.....but.......I think

The warnings are.ogg files named the same as the .ov2 and .bmp file and the .ogg file warning file also resides in the specific map folder.

Again, I think......

When you select a warning for a speed warning, it asks what warning you want and shows a default. I believe you say 'yes' even though it may not be the warning and then there is a screen where you can change the sound......

All of the above is sketchy; I know that. But the precise process is something like that.

I think the explanation in this link may help.

Dear dhn
I am wondering why my redlight/speedtrap voice alerts are too less to be heard. I recorded my own voice (TT730) and saved them and I tried using them. Still I hear the female voice and that too is still least audible. Can you help me Sir..?

Send a pm to mikealder, a member here, who is VERY experienced in how to set up warnings efficiently.

Ask a Question