runtime.exe

I have a tomtom910. And until about a week ago never had this problem.

When attempting to connect or update with tomtomhome I'm getting a tomtomhomeruntime.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. OS is WinXP

I've done the following:

1. Uninstalled Tomtom home
2. performed a registry clean
3. reinstalled tomtom home ver 2.5
4. Tried the same on another computer with vista but same problem exists
5. repaired .net framework
6. Disabled firewall and virus scanner
7. pin reset of 910
8. error check of 910

I can see the device using windows explorer but the problem is that tomtom home crashed when I try to connect using that program.

Any ideas

There's a new Home version 2.6.4.1641 which you have to dl directly from TT's site.

Why not uninstall 2.5 again, dl the new Home version, let it install, do a reset on your unit, reconnect to the computer and start Home. See if it's ok now.

There's a new Home version 2.6.4.1641 which you have to dl directly from TT's site.

Why not uninstall 2.5 again, dl the new Home version, let it install, do a reset on your unit, reconnect to the computer and start Home. See if it's ok now.

That should also have been on the list I put in my first post.

I actually downgraded to 2.5 at the suggestion of tech support who basically have given up.

The unit works fine it's just that I am unable to get updates using tomtomhome.

I wondering whether or not to just go ahead and reformat the device, then reinstall the backup.

And a backup using explorer, followed by a format of the device fixed the problem, it downloaded latest firmware and reinstalled the maps

Ask a Question