Routing Bug? 140S doesn't want to turn left

I have a new One 140S. I live in a residential neighborhood. To leave my neighborhood, I must turn LEFT out of my driveway.

My 140S instead prefers a more scenic route, directing me to turn RIGHT out of my driveway, and initiates a circular one mile neighborhood tour that finally brings me back in front of my house on the way out of my neighborhood.

I can't "break the code" on the logic behind this routing behavior.

Is my best option to show my street as "blocked" in the right turn direction out of my driveway?

Tomtom had a huge dislike for uturns (it will take up to a 5 minute detour to avoid one). When you pull into your driveway it still thinks you're driving in the direction you were heading before you came home, and returning that direction would be a uturn.

You have the right idea, if you never expect to go the other direction, put a turn restriction or erase part of a road with mapshare (just don't share it).

Just override any instructions that you don't like, and let it recalculate (like it wants to turn left when the route sign clearly forbids such manoeuver...). At least it won't protest like your dear other half.:D

Ask a Question