Route tracking on the tomtom

Hi all,

I've just bought a new tomtom, the "Go 750" here in Australia, and after hours of searching the internet (and this site) cannot for the life of me figure out how to download the routes that I have taken. I'm going to take a road trip tomorrow and I want to track the actual route I have taken so that I can transfer it to Google Earth as a bit of a road diary. When I say actual route, I mean the saved coordinates of my route, not the path that the tomtom has calculated to get me to my destination.

Is there a particular file that saves all of my paths that I can just copy off of the unit? I know that with the Garmin units I can just download the GPX files, and open them in Google Earth. I've seen something called Event_logger, but that requires an extra step and installing an application, etc, however, I would prefer to juts download a log.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

Your device cannot do this staight out of the box as there is no capability to record where you have been. There are some excellent third party applications available for doing this but as yet they are not compatible with Navcore 9 AFAIK, have a look at the web site Here I am sure if you keep checking back the software creator will have Navcore 9 versions available before too long - Mike

Thanks for the info Mike.

It's a bit of a shame, as that's one of the reason's I bought a GPS, maybe I'll see if they can swap it.

Cheers,

Rob

roussillat (the author of the software on that site) just posted here that he figured out Navcore 9 compatibility and will be updating all his apps shortly.

Thanks mvl, I decided to keep the tomtom, so will definately check that site out for the new version.

What a result.

Ask a Question