Route planning for limited speed

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 135
On my ONE XL I am able to plan for a limited speed, a useful feature as when towing lower road speed limits apply. On the VIA 135 I can find no option for this.
Is there a way to do it?

Afraid not. In the newer Nav3 devices using MyTomTom (such as yours) instead of Home 2 as the Nav2 devices used, many features of the Nav2 devices have been removed from the application. The only you mention ('limited speed') is just one example. Hopefully in a future app update it might return but I sort of doubt it ......:(

You can call CS and request its return. May do no good but won't do any harm and, for a change, TT just might actually listen to customers. Maybe ...

The numbers are: 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444

Just tried that number, all I'm getting is music, not even a voice introduction:(
I will try again later.

[FONT=&quot]Just sent the following request to Customer services:-
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On my ONE XL I had the option of inputting a maximum speed for routes. There is no option for this on the VIA135. As I often tow a caravan where the speed limits are lower than the normal road traffic limits it is an option that I really miss. I can no longer even guess at journey times. Is there any chance that this feature will be re-instigated with an update app in the near future?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Perhaps if a few more people sent it there would be some response.
[/FONT]

All they are likely to do now is to suggest you buy the recently launched, but ridiculously overpriced, "camper and caravan" model

Just received this reply from CS:-

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for taking time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Sandra and we are always happy to help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The reference number for your query is 121213-003462.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From your e-mail, I understand that you want the Navigate at Limited Speed option on the TomTom Via 135 device.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please be assured that we will try our best to assist you in resolving the issue efficiently and provide the correct information. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John, I am sorry to inform that the feature to plan route at a Limited Speed is not available in the latest generation devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I will take your comments as a feed back and have passed on to our Product Team to add this feature on the new devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Suggestions are gathered and organized to understand the areas our customers are most interested in enhancing. Our Product Managers review all feedback to determine future enhancements and products. Many of our current products and updates offer features based on customer suggestions. We certainly value our esteemed customers like you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A great way to be informed about new TomTom products and services is via our Newsletter. You will always be first to know about map releases, plus the latest news, product information and special offers from TomTom. For more information, please click on the link provided below. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.tomtom.com/2091[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a TomTom customer, your feedbacks are very precious to us and it is the voice of our customers that makes TomTom a success. We want you to know that, we will be there for you and we do value you as a customer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have any further queries, then please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your precious time and giving me an opportunity to assist you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With Kind Regards,

Maybe if more people made the same request we could see some action:D
[/FONT]

Does anyone else find all the "saccharine" customer service gumph in TomTom's replies really irritating?

As soon as I see "[FONT=&quot]Thank you for taking time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is xxxx and we are always happy to help....[/FONT]" then I know nothing is actually going to get done.

"
[FONT=&quot]We want you to know that, we will be there for you and we do value you as a customer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have any further queries, then please let me know and I will be happy to assist you."

If you really mean that, then SHOW US you value us by actually doing something about all the complaints about missing or bastardised features in the new models!

[/FONT]

Ask a Question