route planner

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one new edition
when i try to plan a route i get this message "error in route planning":rolleyes:

What map? What planning restrctions do you have in place? What application is on your device?

Also, is this doing a normal "Navigate to..." (or "Drive to....") calculation or only when you try to use "advance planning"?

Are you trying to navigate to a position that's off-road?
Can you give an example of a route where it happens (start and end points)

I`am trying to plan a route from west to north of cyprus .My map is western europe which includes 52% of cyprus I have connected my tomtom to my computer and i have firefox browser on.

Perhaps that is the issue in that with the limited coverage (52%) of Cyprus, the algorithm for routing can't find viable roads to select.

Using my v895 Europe maps, I just tried planning a route from Argaka on the west coast to Keryneia in the north of the "main bit" and it found a route ok,

I then tried Rizokarpaso (in the pointy bit to the far northeast) as the destination and it found a route for that too.

If you zoom in on the map are your start and end points on roads? Can you be more exact about your start and end points? Also how did you enter them? As addresses? City centres? Lat/Long coordinates?

With all these routing questions, the devil is in the detail....

-----------

Finally, out of interest, in your planning preferences, is there a page for "Warn me when my route passes through an area with limited map information"?

I'd never really understood the point of that option, but it might be relevant in this situation.

Last edited:

Ask a Question