Route Demo question...can I skip forward somehow?

TomTom Model(s)
Hi Everyone....

Well here is my question....

I made a little test route in Tyre and successfully moved it to the Tom Tom. Now it calculates it but from the position of my house here in San Antonio. Unfortunately I want to preview the route in Albuquerque to test the Redlights etc and alerts.

Is there ANY way to demo from a certain part of a route? The route from here to there is a 16 hour drive on the TT so even at 500 % it will take forever to demo that portion.

I have reset my HOME location to Albuquerque but it still calculates from Texas.....

Any thoughts? It would be great to preview sections of routes that you make if you go on vacation etc....

Thanks in advance!!!

PS....you guys rock!:)

There are two critical issues here:

1) You cannot demo a long route! The demo will restart after a set distance (around 90 or 100 miles I think). Try it. It just starts at the beginning again after that distance.

2) You only receive warnings when the demo speed is below a certain level, 250% IIRC. At 500% you will never get any warnings.

To do what you want to do, you will need to plan a route that starts closer to the area you want to test. To do this you need to use the 'advanced planning' (A>B) function, then demo the route.

Ask a Question