Route 66 maps

TomTom Model(s)
xl 335 SE
Hi all. My husband and I are planning on a trip to Las Vegas, traveling along the old Route 66 starting in Oklahoma. I have read online that it is extremely hard to follow unless you buy a book or have a detailed map. So I am wondering if this can be downloaded onto a Tomtom? We do have a older model, so don't know if possible or not. Would love if anyone has any advice or information. Thanks so much.

Our tomtom model is XL 335 SE

Sherriez

Hi sherries and welcome to TTF!

Just to confirm - your model is NOT the Easy Menu model, it uses the TomTom Home computer program, and your TomTom does have an Itinerary menu button?

If so, then yes you should be able to do Route 66. I have a copy of that route and used it with my TomTom; can't remember where I found it. It includes about 8 states and the portion that I used in AZ it did quite well. I believe it was compiled in 2008, so perhaps some highways have changed; you'd need to confirm each segment of your route. The easiest way to do that on your computer is to use a (free) program called Tyre (google: TomTom tyre download).

Ask a Question