Route 66 .itn files

I have a TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition.

I'd like to take Route 66 (or what's left of it) from Chicago to LA and I want to use my TomTom.

I found this great link: The Mother Road: Historic Route 66 - GPS - Tomtom

It's easy to place the .itn files in the itn folder, but I can't seem to figure out how to load them up.

I'd really appreciate any advice or alternate Route 66 directions for my TomTom ONE.

Thanks!

Not all models have the itinerary function. Go models do but I think the TT One model does not.

Having said that, you can confirm by moving to page 3 of the main menu and seeing whether Itinerary Planning is there.

I seem to remember that IP could be added to that model using a 3rd pary application for changing to a specialized menu that could be created; unfortunately, I think all 'hacks' as such were killed off by the current application for that model.

also, the IP function did work originally with that model but with v8 maps, you needed Navcore 8 application to work with the newer maps. And it was the N8 that killed off IP.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I've never used this device. Are there any user-created Route 66 files that are compatible with my device? And if there aren't, would my only option be to create a point-to-point route?

If using Itineraries is not available to you, I'm afraid you're pretty much stuck with planning a route from start to finish. You can choose 'Alternate' if and when the route deviates from your planned path but it'll be somewhat tedious.

I think you CAN add one waypoint to the route (where Itinerary allows for 48).

I have a TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition.

I'd like to take Route 66 (or what's left of it) from Chicago to LA and I want to use my TomTom.

I found this great link: The Mother Road: Historic Route 66 - GPS - Tomtom

It's easy to place the .itn files in the itn folder, but I can't seem to figure out how to load them up.

I'd really appreciate any advice or alternate Route 66 directions for my TomTom ONE.

Thanks!

Hi,
I plan to do the same thing, to visit Route 66. And did some research too.
First, thanks for the link.
Second, trick that may help you: in your settings let TomTom search for roads with the speed limit up to e.g 50m/h. That will exclude I-44 and there is bigger chance to show you REAL Route 66.
;)

Ask a Question