Rollback Navcore?

I just bought my first TomTom and I plugged it in the computer to update everything, and next thing you know, I have firmware 8.3 and no speech recognition...

Is there any way I can roll back my firmware to one that will be able to do speech recognition?

I have spent hours and hours looking, no older firmware available any where... any ideas?

Thanks,
Toof

I gather you did NOT make a backup (hopefully, with Explorer, not Home) prior to updating. :(

In any event, see if the info in this link helps.

No =( sadly, I didn't know any better until I had already upgraded my firmware...

So will the speech recognition work with 8.010??? I thought it was only version 7 that it would work with.

No version 8 at well. In fact, make sure your map has csspeechxx.dat files in the specific map folder. If you don't have them, no firmware will work for VR (voice recognition).

If you do have them, try doing a pin reset prior to any roll back and see if VR works then.

Ask a Question