Roll Back to Earlier software version 8.302

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730 x 3
I previously posted a thread about how to roll back from 8.351on my Go 730 to 8.302. The reason for the roll back is due to crashes ocurring every 2-3 days (probably due to bluetooth). My other GO 730 has 8.301 and works perfectly.
The advice given was to get the Navcore files for 8.302 and copy these to overwrite the 8.351 files in the root directory. Having done this I now get a "red" message saying the existing map can't be read. I am not clear where there is any ID iformation linking the Map/System/Device given the device and map are still unchanged. Has anyone done a successful rollback? If so can you help me out?
regards,
Greg

Did you delete all the loose files in the root of the unit related to 8.351 prior to installing 8.302 or did you simply extract the 8.302 files to the unit?

If the latter, try deleting all the loose files in the root of the unit now. NO folders or their contents.

THEN use WinRar to extract the files in the 8.302 cab file to the unit.

I have tried both. I deleted all the loose files leaving only folders (including the map) and overwrote using both winrar and win explorer.

What is the specific error message? Where'd you buy the 730?

There were a few 730's sold on ebay with pirated maps a few years ago in Australia, and perhaps installing genuine software (which recognizes pirated maps) is causing the problem.

I was going down that path to try and check. I was trying to view the map using Easytool and it does give some strange answers ie It can't find any ID key in the map and the meta file doesn't seem to comply with what Easytool expects. The problem I am seeing the same problem with a map that I know is genuine. I understand that cracked maps usually have two meta files and mine hasn't.
Any ideas on how I can check if the map is genuine?
If I could be sure that this is the problem I can easily buy a genuine map.

Thanks to all for the help so far

I will post the specific error message shortly as I don't have the tomtom with me at present. I did buy the unit on ebay in Australia as a genuine TomTom refurbished unit. It was very professionally packaged with all the appropriate CDs, boxing and wrapping. The box has the correct barcode and serial number. Up till now I haven't been able to fault it as non genuine. It was so unblemished that I assumed it was old stock with an updated map.

The error message goes.
Switching map (fleeting) Then red screen
Problem with map
You cannot use this map on this device
Australia - 182

Problem Fixed.
You were spot on MVL.
I purchased a new map from TomTom and it loaded fine. I just went back through the packaging that came with the tomtom 730 and it all looks perfect. Very high quality job done on a faked product.
I now have the 730 with 8.302 and just need to do all the tweeks to get it back to where I need all the options.

Thanks for the help

Ask a Question