Roads treated differently in night schemes

In a night scheme, lines 40 & 41, which control the colors of local roads when the map is zoomed out, appear to be used differently than in a day scheme.

• 40. major local road solid - Doesn't matter what you put here, these roads are always displayed in black in a night scheme. With a black background, they don't show up at all. Grrrrr.
  • 41. local road sold - not used in night schemes. I have this color set to magenta, so it would show up brightly

Something else that's happening is my route arrow colors are getting changed. I have identified CSE as the source of this behavior. I have my highlighted route indication arrow (line 57) set to white and the normal one (line 56) set to gray. The next time I open the scheme the highlighted arrow has been changed to yellow and the normal arrow to an orange color. My guess is that CSE feels so strongly that these colors should be set to the color with the maximum contrast with the route, that it changes the color. It changes these when the scheme is opened, so these colors CAN be set, but you will have to RE-set them every time you edit the scheme in CSE.

Out of 71 lines, only 49 have any effect. 51 if you're willing to change your route arrow colors every time you edit your scheme. This makes it difficult to impossible get a night scheme exactly the way you want it.

In a night scheme, lines 40 & 41, which control the colors of local roads when the map is zoomed out, appear to be used differently than in a day scheme.

• 40. major local road solid - Doesn't matter what you put here, these roads are always displayed in black in a night scheme. With a black background, they don't show up at all. Grrrrr.
  • 41. local road sold - not used in night schemes. I have this color set to magenta, so it would show up brightly

Something else that's happening is my route arrow colors are getting changed. I have identified CSE as the source of this behavior. I have my highlighted route indication arrow (line 57) set to white and the normal one (line 56) set to gray. The next time I open the scheme the highlighted arrow has been changed to yellow and the normal arrow to an orange color. My guess is that CSE feels so strongly that these colors should be set to the color with the maximum contrast with the route, that it changes the color. It changes these when the scheme is opened, so these colors CAN be set, but you will have to RE-set them every time you edit the scheme in CSE.

Out of 71 lines, only 49 have any effect. 51 if you're willing to change your route arrow colors every time you edit your scheme. This makes it difficult to impossible get a night scheme exactly the way you want it.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean about the route arrows changing colors when you exit the program and come back. This only happens when you set it to white however. Any other color will stay the color you choose. Its almost as if it doesn't recognize white as a color for the route arrow and automatically switches it to yellow whenever you re-open the scheme.

It's not just white. I have 8 schemes, two I've created myself, and six I have downloaded. In every case, the blue bytes are set to 00.

FFFFFF (white) becomes FFFF00 (yellow)
FF00FF (magenta) becomes FF0000 (red)
00FFFF (cyan) becomes 00FF00 (green)
0000FF (blue) becomes 000000 (black)

Red, orange, yellow, green and black are left alone because they have no blue component. Everything else gets munged.

Ask a Question